S3-Leitlinie “Diagnostik und Therapie der Varikose”
Die S3 Konsensus Leitlinie "Diagnostik und Therapie der Varikose" wurde 2017/2018 eingehend überarbeitet. In der neuesten Version werden insbesondere die modernen Therapieverfahren ausgiebig gewürdigt.
Education and qualification
- 1973-80 Study of medicine at Friedrich-Alexander-Universitiy, Erlangen Finishing with a state exam to MD.
- 1982 PhD: lyophylised cadaver veins usable as vessel substitutes – an experimental study in dogs by Friedrich-Alexander-University, Erlangen
Postdoctoral training and Certification
- 1982-83 Resident general surgery at the first surgical hospital, Nuremberg
- 1983-85 Resident general, trauma, cardiac and vascular surgery, University Hospital Erlangen
- 1985-89 Fellow vascular surgery, City Hospital Nuremberg, academic teaching Hospital Erlangen University
- April 26, 1989 Certification as a general surgeon
- October 10, 1989 Certification as a vascular surgeon
- 1989-92 Fellow cardiac surgery, University Hospital Erlangen
- March 02, 1995 Accreditation as a phlebologist
- since 2010 Certification as endovascular specialist by the German Society for Vascular Surgery. Certified permission of the Bavarian State Medical Association for training of fellows in vascular surgery and phlebology.
Professional activities and hospital appointments
- since 2004 Medical director and CEO, Center for vascular diseases, Nuremberg
- since 2005 Head Department Vascular Surgery and Endovascular Medicine, Martha Maria Hospital, Nuremberg, academic teaching hospital Erlangen University
- More than 75 manuscripts and 19 reviews published since 1984 in various national and international peer reviewed medical journals
- 11 Posters submitted to international congresses
- More than 300 lectures given since 1984 in German and International congresses
- Author or Co-Author of 11 chapters in several textbooks